If you’re reading this right now, you definitely want to register and collect your Nigerian National Identity Card. The NIMC stands for "National Identity Management Commission" which is a government body tasked with providing intending applicants with the National Identity Card after providing the necessary documents required to do so.
For an National Identity Card applicant, the required documents you are to provide are listed below.
• Old National ID (If you have done the National Identity Card before then you can take that old one along with you as a form of identification. If you haven’t, than you bring any of the alternatives below.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Valid International Passport.
• Voters Card.
• Government Issued ID Card.
You don’t need all the means of identification listed above, all you need is just to have at least one of the means of identification listed above. If you have an Old National ID then you shouldn’t bother yourself about having the rest. If you also have, let’s say a Valid International Passport or a Voters Card then you shouldn’t bother getting the rest. Once you have one of the above listed means of identification, you can now go ahead and get the remaining documents and details listed below.
• State or Local Government of origin certificate.
Birth Certificate/Declaration Of Age.
• Your height. (It is not compulsory. If you don’t know your height, don’t worry, your height will be measured when you get to the NIMC office)
Once you have all the above required documents then you’re ready to begin your enrollment. Simply follow the steps below for the NIMC Enrollment.
How to Register and Collect Your Nigerian National Identity Card (NIMC)
• Go to NIMC website to access the Pre-Enrollment Form Page.
• Create an account to Log in. After the login the form to fill will appear
• Fill the form appropriately.
• When you are done filling the form, print the Pre-Enrollment slip which will have a 2D barcode and your Registration Identification Number on it and take it to any NIMC Enrolment Office closest to you. Ensure that you safeguard this slip after printing to avoid exposing your data
• Take the Pre-enrollment slip along with any of the Proof/Means of Identification(e.g. Passport, Driving License, Birth Certificate, etc...) to NIMC enrollment center where an enrollment officer will scan the barcode on the slip provided by you.
• After that, you will need to verify that the details are correct. Once you do that, your photograph, fingerprints and signature will all be captured.
• Then you will submit the required documents like birth certificate, state of origin certificate etc.. for scanning.
• After the successful completion of your enrollment, two slips will be given to you: Transaction Slip and NIN Slip.
These two slips are what will be used by you to collect your National Identity Card when it is ready for collection. It might take a while for your National ID Card to be really for collection. However, you can use the NIN slip as a card till you get the main card.
That’s How to register and collect your Nigerian Identity Card. If you have any problem regarding this article, feel free to let us know by using the comment section down below.
Don't forget to share and comment .....